Red Ginseng Vitality Chicken Soup Cooking Instructions
- 500g of chicken bone-in; black silkie chicken is preferred
- 2L water + extra to blanch protein & soak herbs
- 4 generous slices of ginger
- Salt to taste
- Blanch-wash protein: Add protein to a medium-sized pot & fill with enough cold water to submerge protein. Bring to boil.
- In the meantime, rinse the herbs in cold water to 'awaken' herbs.
- Once the liquid has boiled, discard the liquid & any brown foam from the pot.
- Strain rinsed herbs and add to your pot with protein and ginger.
- Add 2L of cold water & bring to boil. Simmer on low heat 2-3hrs.
- Season salt to taste & rest for 5 mins before serving.
- If adding more protein than the recommended amount, ensure all ingredients are submerged in water.
- Store leftover herbal soup in the fridge. When you are ready to serve, just bring to boil.